Banner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Société des Moteurs et Automobiles Lorraine

 

 

 

 

 

In the year 1905, the Société Lorraine des Anciens Etablissements De Dietrich & Cie started with the manufacture of automobiles. Later, also aircraft engines were made. In the year 1928, the family De Dietrich sold their contingent of the company. The company was then renamed to Société des Moteurs et Automobiles Lorraine. In 1930, Lorraine was taken over by the Société Générale Aéronautique. The production of aircraft engines was expanded and six-wheel cross-country chassis were made under license of Tatra. After the production of automobiles was stopped in 1935, the company fully concentrated on the manufacturing of armaments..

 

 

 

 

 

 

Year of construction:

Payload in MT:

Quantity:

 

 

Three-axled cross-country vehicles:

 

 

 

 

 

Lorraine 72

1934 - 193?

1.5

ca. 200

 

 

Lorraine 28

1937 - 1939

2.7

ca. 362

 

 

Lorraine 24/58

?

8.5

?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Armoured full tracked vehicles:

 

 

 

 

 

Lorraine 37 L

1938 - 1940

0.81

ca. 480

 

 

Lorraine 38 L

1938 - 1940

0.5

ca. 150

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

 

<< back to the French manufacturers

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to find?

Contact

Imprint

Disclaimer

Data privacy statement