4,185 exemplars of the BMW 320 were manufactured from 1937 to 1938. The shown vehicle belonged to a motorized artillery unit and was photographed during the decampment from Artemowsk on 31st August 1942.
There was a two door cabriolet besides the shown two door limousine. The doors were fastened at the front contrary to the BMW 321 which had the doors fastened at the back. The bumper was divided.