Banner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Saurer

 

 

 

 

 

The origins of the Adolph Saurer AG in Arbon at the Lake Constance reach up to the year 1853. Commercial vehicles were made beginning in 1903. Saurer was the most important Swiss manufacturer of heavy lorries. Because of their outstanding quality, Saurer lorries and engines were made under licence in different countries. Beginning in 1911, Saurer was licensor of the International Motor Company. Cooperation with MAN started in 1915.  A branch factory of the Adolph Saurer AG was built up in the French Suresnes under the name Automobiles Industrieles Saurer in 1909. Lorries were made for the French army during WW 1 and WW 2. During occupation time, production was kept up under German direction. Of the 4.5 tons lorry type 3 CT 1 resp. 3 CT 1 D powered by 6 cylinder petrol or diesel engines, 1,374 exemplars were made in 1943 and 384 exemplars in 1944.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Year of construction:

Payload in MT:

Quantity:

 

 

Lorries:

 

 

 

 

 

Saurer 5 BL

1930s

ca. 5.0

 

 

 

Saurer 1 VCR

1930s

3.0

 

 

 

Saurer 3 CT 1

1940-1944

4.5 - 5.0

 

 

 

Saurer 8 BUD

1930s

ca. 8.0

 

 

 

Saurer 12 BUD

1930s

ca. 12 - 15

 

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

 

<< back to the French manufacturers

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to find?

Contact

Imprint

Disclaimer

Data privacy statement